Dec 27, 2008

Formatting and presentation quality

I was just wondering that: Shouldn't they provide more fonts (at least arial narrow, my favorite font these days!!)for blog formatting

Months later I realize: Let me not focus at all on the font.. the default is good enough... the energy i save by not worrying too much about the formatting can be put to good use elsewhere in 'content quality'...

BTW, I still care a lot about presentation quality and consistency where it needs less effort to accomplish and has more long-term impact on my output (the most imp example of such a document is the Resume/CV)... so i consistently have been using Arial narrow (10-11 pts) in Word, Sans Serif (10 pts) in Excel and Tahoma in PowerPoint. And yes, there's Lucida Console (10 pts) in Notepad!!

What's your take on the importance of formatting and presentation quality?

No comments: